On July 4, we celebrate our country’s independence … but that is not the only national holiday in July! Did you know that July 3 is National Compliment Your Mirror Day? What’s not to like about being kinder to yourself? Yet, many of us struggle, doing just that.
Looking yourself in the eye through a mirror can be surprisingly awkward at times, especially if you’re dealing with feelings of shame or low self-worth. But just a few minutes of practice every day can do wonders for your mood and confidence. Start with something easy: I look well-rested today; I always do my best. Then, depending on the challenges with which you are dealing, work your way up to regular affirmations, such as:
To counteract depression
- I am being taken care of
- I love myself for what I am going through
To counteract anxiety and panic
- I am at peace with myself in the present moment
- I consciously breathe deeply, letting go of anxiety
To counteract addiction
- I trust myself to make wise decisions
- I am capable of living a great life
To counteract codependency
- I am lovable and deserve healthy relationships
- I let go of trying to fix other people
Why stop at just one day of complimenting yourself in the mirror? Integrate compliments and affirmations as a daily part of your routine. We think it will make a difference in the way you feel. Happy Independence Day from Insights!
For more affirmations, visit our Resources section at https://www.insightstherapy.com/category/affirmation-cards