Ph.D. in Human Sexuality (Widener University), LPC
Dallas, Texas Therapist Specializing in Relationship and Sexual Issues, Infidelity, Communication Building, Sexual Problems, Gender Counseling and Identity
Do you feel like you’re missing something in life? Is something blocking you from experiencing your best life? Do you feel like you’re not enough?
When these questions show up in our life, we may find ourselves dealing with anxiety, depression or trying to self-soothe in unhealthy ways. When you feel positive about yourself and your most intimate relationships, you experience daily joy, better connections, and are able to offer the best of yourself. In our work together, we discover answers and find a path forward.
My approach to therapy is Eclectic Psychology, and I work with all ages—children, adolescents, and adults. An eclectic therapist uses an integrative approach to treatment based upon proven methods best suited to a client’s presenting concerns, treatment goals, and the client’s expectations. With many clients, I have seen the benefits of using hypnotherapy, a scientifically proven method that allows us to understand ourselves better and tap into lasting change. Put simply, hypnosis is an induced, relaxed state of mind. While in this trance-like state, we confront limiting beliefs we may hold about ourselves and give the mind new, more positive beliefs. Hypnotherapy is proven to be helpful with:
- Increased confidence & self-esteem
- Smoking Cessation
- Behavioral Addictions
- Weight Management
- Pain Management
- Sexual Concerns
I also specialize in sex therapy, and work with individuals and relationships around:
- Lack of intimacy
- Sexual performance concerns (e.g., low desire, erectile dysfunction, sexual pain, rapid ejaculation)
- LGBTQ+ identified clients
- Exploring gender identity
- Navigating sexual attractions, relationship orientations (Polyamory/Consensual Non-Monogamy), and kink/BDSM lifestyles
- Porn addiction or other client-identified problematic sexual behaviors
In my previous (career) life, I worked in professional sports, agency, retail and start-up environments. I decided to take an exit ramp from the world of business and move over to the world of counseling and psychology. I hold a Bachelor’s in Marketing from Mississippi State University, a Master’s in Sports Management from the University of Texas at Austin, a Master’s of Science in Counseling from Southern Methodist University, and a Ph.D. in Human Sexuality from Widener University. When not in the office, I’m training for a half-marathon, learning to cook or refining my amateur photographic skills. I also enjoy traveling, whether it’s a day trip to a hidden gem in Texas or a plane ride away. I’m full of random facts, especially when it comes to 80’s trivia. When we work together, let’s see if I can answer your trivia question!
I am a Licensed Professional Counselor.
My rate is $175 for 50 minute session; $250 for 80 minute session. Click here to request an appointment.
A quote that resonates with me:“The greatest thing in the world is to know how to belong to oneself." -- Montaigne (1533-1592)
What are these forms?
- Adult Intake Form, Minor Intake Form. These forms provide information about you or your child so Insights can craft therapy to be as effective and efficient as possible. Some questions are personal and may be sensitive or even uncomfortable. They are asked in an effort to quickly begin building a complete picture of who you or your child are, which in turn will save valuable therapy time. All client records are strictly confidential and will not be seen by anyone without your written permission unless required by law. If you have any questions, please discuss them with your therapist.
- Informed Consent to Treat form. This form details your rights and responsibilities as a client and consents for me to treat you.
Which forms should I use?
If you are an adult, use these forms:
If your child is the new client, use these forms:
What do I do with these forms?
Please print, complete and bring your Adult Intake Form or Minor Intake Form and Informed Consent to Treat forms to your first session. That way, we will be able to begin your therapy at the start of the first appointment.