Laura Elpers Pierce :: Insights Therapy

Phone: 214.706.0508 | Fax: 469.729.3797
Address: 8140 Walnut Hill Lane, Suite 450, Dallas, TX 75231
Request an Appointment
Providing Professional Counseling Services

Laura Elpers Pierce


Dallas, Texas Therapist Specializing in Child and Adolescent Therapy, Parenting Issues, Play Therapy, Filial Therapy, Parent/Child Relationships

My education and experience have prepared me to counsel families, couples, and adults, but I work primarily with children and adolescents who are struggling with a range of psychological and emotional challenges. My experience has led me to work with children who encounter difficulties related to an ADHD diagnosis, helplessness, anxiety and fear, oppositional behaviors, trouble at school, sibling conflict, and divorced parents. Additional areas include working with children who are experiencing grief related to a variety of issues, including specifically the death of a loved one. I have experience with children in hospitals, including their families. I have also worked with child and teenage victims of sexual abuse. In working with these children, I am also prepared to assist parents and guardians through Filial Therapy and other general knowledge that may prove helpful as a child is in treatment.

Through a therapeutic relationship, I work to ensure clients feel valued, significant and competent about their own lives. In order to discover the most appropriate and beneficial treatment for a child, it is important to me to view children as individuals with unique symptoms, personalities, and influences, both environmental and social.

Play therapy is the primary modality used when working with children. For children, play is a significant part of the therapeutic process. In this capacity, play is used to help children as they work on the difficulties that are causing problems in their lives. It is widely accepted among play therapists that play is a child’s natural way of expressing and learning about themselves. Play therapy encourages children to communicate, express their feelings, develop problem-solving skills, and discover ways of relating to others. Play offers and opportunity for children to express thoughts and feelings appropriate for their development.

I was born and raised in southern Indiana before I moved to Dallas to start my collegiate career and begin my life in a new city. I am surrounded by a large, loving family. In his or her own way each family member has influenced me to become a member of the counseling profession. My free time consists of discovering new recipes, catching up with my favorite sports teams, advising a collegiate women’s organization, reading for fun, and spending time with friends and family.

My goal is to help families as they strive to create and maintain healthy relationships with one another as they grow and experience life’s toughest transitions.

I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and a Registered Play Therapist.

My rate is $150 for each 45-minute play therapy session; $225 for each 90-minute parent consultation session. Click here to request an appointment.

A quote that resonates with me:

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. -- Plato


Note to Therapist

*Please submit no later than 9:00am on the day of your child’s scheduled session*

What are these forms?

  1. Adult Intake Form, Minor Intake Forms. These forms provide information about you or your child so Insights can craft therapy to be as effective and efficient as possible. Some questions are personal and may be sensitive or even uncomfortable. They are asked in an effort to quickly begin building a complete picture of who you or your child are, which in turn will save valuable therapy time. All client records are strictly confidential and will not be seen by anyone without your written permission unless required by law. If you have any questions, please discuss them with your therapist.
  2. Informed Consent to Treat form. This form details your rights and responsibilities as a client and consents for me to treat you or your child.

 Which forms should I use?

If you are an adult and are the new client, use these forms:

If your child is the new client, use these forms:

 What do I do with these forms?

Please print, complete and bring your Adult Intake Form or Minor Intake Form, Informed Consent to Treat, and (if your child is the new client) the Parent Therapy Support Agreement to your first session. That way, we will be able to begin your therapy at the start of the first appointment.